Don’t stress out about your house move. A little bit of pre-planning is all that is required to make your move seem less daunting!
Here are some removal tips and knowledge to help you get set for any move.
- Decide on a moving date and stick to it!
- Never leave the sorting and packing to the last minute, this should be done at least 2 weeks before the move. If you can, start earlier as this gives you time to properly ‘spring clean’.
- When selecting a removals company – choose carefully and call them as early as you can, as the good companies get booked up very quickly.
- Remember to inform your gas, water and electricity supplier about your move and pay all final bills!
- Tell the council you are moving in regards to your council tax.
- Start dismantling the big pieces of furniture as soon as you can – it will also give you more space when wrapping and packing other items.
- Keep liaising with your removals firm, estate agents and solicitors to ensure everything is running smoothly.
- Go to the post office and arrange for your post to be forwarded to the new address.
- Defrost the freezer.
- Get some old blankets to lie under your packing boxes as this will protecting your flooring both at your old and new home.
- Put all valuable and personal documents in a safe and secure place and carry them personally to your new home once the day arrives.
- Make sure all doors and windows are locked as you move.
- Make sure your removal crew have the correct details of your new home, and meet them there with the keys.
Following these short but simple guidelines will help keep your moving day stress free.