A junk removal company is just like any other business-oriented premise whereby as a buyer you need to be aware of their products or services they offer. In case you need to buy a product, you have to find out the originality of the product or the quality of the service, and rubbish removal businesses are not different; you need to do due diligence about their services and reputation before you seek their services.
Remember, the employees will be going around your home to collect the junk you need to dispose of legitimately; therefore, doing due diligence is very important to avoid being duped. The article outlines useful tips to prevent junk removal scams.
There Are Big Frauds And Petty Scams
Some petty criminals masquerade as junk removers, but in reality, they are not. These criminals will collect all the junk from your home and maybe disposes of them improperly. On the other hand, you will find a legitimate business claiming to act professionally in their work, but they will find a way to cheat or defraud you.
For example, if they charge their fees per the cargo of the junk, they could lie on the weight of the materials or they could claim to adhere to professional code of conduct, but eventually end up disappointing. These are just examples of ways they could deceive you; therefore, you need to be very careful.
Ways To Avoid Frauds
As emphasized, you need to do due diligence to avoid being scammed by these unscrupulous companies. The following needs to be done when selecting the junk company to do your job:
- Seek a recommendation from friends, relatives, or even colleagues at work. Of course, if they hired the services of a junk company and they were satisfied, there is a possibility that you will also be contented.
- Check the websites of the potential junk companies, and look at their services and prices. Review customers’ feedback. What are they saying about the company? If the reviews are positive, then you may consider seeking their services.
- Call the company and engage the sales agent. You will be in a position to gauge their professionalism and knowledge from the call.
- Find out from the Better Business Bureau about the company. Are their complaints about the company? If there are complaints, that should be a red flag, and you should avoid such company.
- Check out the contractor review websites such as Homestars.com for clients’ feedback on the services they received.
Warning Signs To Check Out
If you decide to hire a small company, make sure that they are insured. With insurance, your protection is guaranteed by adverse events that might happen when they are working for you. For example, if their employee is injured within your home, they may not sue you, or if they damage your property, you may seek compensation.
Document the agreement you have with the junk company on where they are going to dispose of the junk. Sometimes junk companies might charge you fees for the proper disposal of the waste and after that, dump the trash in an open field outside the city.
Just like any other business, they operate legally, but you will always find those who don’t want to adhere to the code of conduct in their work. It is advisable that you choose a well-established Coquitlam junk remover to be on the safe side.