Although there are dozens of removal businesses including our own, operating in most towns and cities nowadays, it can be a daunting and challenging job trying to find a professional company that is trustworthy and reliable.
Finding a great removals business is like trying to find the best software too l for online marketing. There’s just so much choice. From the likes of Clickfunnels to leadpages and Kajabi. It’s like trying to find a nugget of gold in a sack of mud!
The job of moving office or home is always going to be stressful and if you are looking for a professional company with experience in this area of business to help you – there are many things you need to consider. Packing your valuables, belongings, and office equipment up can be a real painstaking job too, as you have to be cautious when packing anything fragile such as glasses and fine china. You need to let your removals company know whether you are moving these belongings into your home or a storage facility. If you hire a professional company though, they will often be able to do these kinds of jobs quickly and efficiently.
How do you find the best removalist company for you? We have put together a list of our favourite tips to help you.
- Use appropriate keywords and key phrases to find removal companies in your area and research the options open to you thoroughly.
- Before deciding on a particular company, check how experienced they are in this line of work.
- Consider hiring a removal company that offers a storage unit for keeping your home materials and furniture safe and secure, if necessary. If you are based in Bristol, I recommend http://www.sprintremovalsbristol.uk/. If you’re on the other side of the pond, then our partners at Active Transport come highly recommended.
- You can often tell if a company is professional or not because of their attention to detail when it comes to the handling of furniture, valuables and other materials; as well as the way they pack.
- Look for a company that ease your mind and stress. Check if they offer a bespoke door-to-door service, as this could take the strain off you considerably.
- Only ever work with a removal company that has the appropriate level of insurance for both home and materials.
- Visit the company’s office so you can meet the person in charge, the driver and removal men, so that you are not complete strangers the day you meet up for the move. It is also wise to hire someone face to face, even if you finalise the details or start your search online.
- Be sure to read the terms and conditions thoroughly and if you are unsure about anything; ask the manager for an explanation.
- Request a visit to the storage unit so you can ensure it is adequately sized and safe for the items that will be stored in it.
When you have hired a removal company, there are some things you should be sure to do before they arrive on the day of the move. The list should include:
- Creating a detailed list of all the items in your home or office.
- Labelling packages clearly to prevent any confusion.
- Keeping your pets, important documents, passport, jewellery and other valuable items with you during the move.
- Checking every room, wardrobe and cupboard to ensure they are completely empty before you leave.
- Ensuring the driver has the correct address for your new home or office.
Moving house or business premises will always be a stressful event. However, with the support of a professional moving company, you can ensure it is free of stress as possible. Remember to refer to the tips mentioned in this article when you are trying to find the best company for the job.